Tune IT! Safe! Audi R8
The Tune IT! Safe! initiative has presented an Audi R8 police car at this year’s Essen Motor Show.
The “Tune it! Safe!” campaign is committed to promote responsible and safe tuning, and is fully supported by car clubs and tuning companies as well as the Federal Ministry of Transport in Germany.
Built to promote responsible tuning, the supercar has police livery, a carbon fiber body kit and a sports-tuned suspension. There’s also carbon ceramic brakes, Recaro seats, a roll bar and 19-inch wheels with Hankook tires.
Power comes from a 5.2-liter V10 engine with 620 PS (456 kW / 612 hp) and 550 Nm (406 lb-ft) of torque. It enables the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.2 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 325 km / h (202 mph).
Here are the highlights of the vehicle:
• Official police foil decor FOLIATEC
• Traffic lights of the police “RTK 7” Hella
• Tires 235/35 Z19 Inc. – HA 305/30 Z19 “Ventus S1 evo” Hankook
• Aluminum wheels 19 “” CR “ABT
• Ceramic brake pads with modified ABT
• Sport exhaust system (stainless steel) ABT
• ABT sports suspension
• ABT damper
• Carbon body kit from ABT
• Recaro racing seats ABT
• ABT sports steering wheel in carbon
• Roll-over bar, stainless steel belt clip included ABT
• 4-point harness system ABT