Ohlins-Based Coilover Suspension for the Audi TT RS
Ohlins introduced their suspension system for the 8J Audi TT RS, designed for enthusiasts participating in HPDE and track related events.
This kit features 36mm ‘inverted’ front struts and TTX36 rear dampers. This configuration is 2-way adjustable; low-speed compression (LSC) and low-speed rebound (LSR). The inverted strut design, with large working cylinder diameter provides excellent lateral support while reducing friction. The rear utilizes the TTX36 (ILX) inline damper.
A major advantage with the TTX36 inline damper is the integral reservoir that makes it very compact and easy to package. No longer is the balancing of reservoir damping (“can stack”) to main piston damping required to avoid cavitation. With no reservoir valve, the internal pressure of the damper unit will be kept to a minimum. The low amount of hysteresis results in excellent short stroke/high force performance. The Ohlins TTX range of shocks require very low gas pressure which considerably improves grip without any loss of damping performance.
The kit also includes Ground Control’s Front Camber/Caster Plates, which eliminate the inherent deflection of the stock rubber strut mount while allowing for improved suspension setup.
This is by far the best suspension package that you can install in your TTRS, period!
• Extremely Broad External Adjustment Range
• Front – 20 Clicks Bump & 40 Clicks Rebound
• Rear – 22 Clicks Bump & 22 Clicks Rebound
• Low Internal Friction
• Direct Damping Response & Low N2 Pressure
• Inverted 36mm Front Strut
• TTX36/ILX36 Inline Rear Damper
• Easy to Access External Adjustments
• Adjustment Tools Included
• Includes Eibach ERS Springs
• Includes Ground Control Front Camber/Caster Plates
• PSi Rear Ride Height Adjusters – Allow quick adjustment and eases making spring changes!
• Assembled in USA, Tested and Proof of Concept at 034Motorsport
This kit was made in conjunction with 034Motorsport’s development partner PSi, and tested/prototyped on the 034Motorsport Audi TT RS product development vehicle.